Clawing my way towards beta

Screenshot 2017-07-31 21.11.11

I had no idea how long I would be working on the chain broke when I started working on it. Initially, it was supposed to be a small 3 month project, that was going to bring me out of the funk I was in at the time.

These 8 months into the project, and I realise how naive I was to think that the project was going to be anything but a Herculean undertaking.

This is why every milestone has to be celebrated, no matter how minute.

Today, for instance, I finally finished decorating the final scene I created in January.

OK, that needs some explanation.

I created 26 levels in January on my way to a very early alpha of the game. These levels were simply meant to be guidelines that I would follow when designing the rest of the game.

I had no idea that I would be working for 7 months on those 26 levels (which became 30 over time). So now, that I have finally finished the 26th level I can look at the last couple (as in literally 2) levels completely without any old guidelines to follow.

This is both kinda fun and kinda scary.

Nordic Game jam

So, for those of you who have been following this dev blog, you will know that I went to Nordic game jam a couple of weeks back.

At the time I made myself a promise that I would put the game on the shelf for a couple of weeks before I played it again. I made the deal with myself that I would share the game if I found merit in the game when I played it once more and luckily I played it again and through “This is pretty OK”

So here is the game finally, I hope you enjoy it: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/693008