I wanted to create something a bit more silly this time, so I thought a sombrero wearing restaurant would be the thing.
I have quite a few social media site that I try to keep up to date as much as I can. That does, sadly mean that sometimes something falls through the cracks and in this case I forgot to post these pieces here-
But I guess that isn’t such a crime, when I get to throw 2 of these at the blog all at once, especially since I am quite happy with these 2.
I had no idea how long I would be working on the chain broke when I started working on it. Initially, it was supposed to be a small 3 month project, that was going to bring me out of the funk I was in at the time.
These 8 months into the project, and I realise how naive I was to think that the project was going to be anything but a Herculean undertaking.
This is why every milestone has to be celebrated, no matter how minute.
Today, for instance, I finally finished decorating the final scene I created in January.
OK, that needs some explanation.
I created 26 levels in January on my way to a very early alpha of the game. These levels were simply meant to be guidelines that I would follow when designing the rest of the game.
I had no idea that I would be working for 7 months on those 26 levels (which became 30 over time). So now, that I have finally finished the 26th level I can look at the last couple (as in literally 2) levels completely without any old guidelines to follow.
This is both kinda fun and kinda scary.
I have been working on the game for a while and I have finally reached the final chapter of the development, which means I have to figure out what the inside of a massive AI looks like.
This is turning out to be more challenging than I thought it would be, as I have match something glossy with the rest of the game.
I am still working on it, trying to make the game make visual sense, but it is not as easy as one might think it would be.
I have been working on the chain broke for a while now and with each new level I stand in front of the same basic issue: how do I make this look somewhat unique, so that it stands out from the rest of the game.
This particular problem reared it’s ugly head once more, as I started making the inside of the machine known as Tau.
At one point in the game, I need my main character 3CS to walk inside of a massive computer and I need to create a look for that. This is my attempt at doing that
one of the major problems with development, is the amount fo work that is required to make anything work.
Truly any and all things take a herculean amount of effort and no matter how many games you have made previously, you always end up under estimating the kind of work that is required of you.
That is why I have not been updating the blog in a couple of months, not because I have not been working (believe me, I have been working), but because the amount of work that I had ahead of me was kind of staggering.
I am happy to announce that I am almost ready with the beta of the game and while it is still somewhat boring, the game is looking up.
I have given myself 5 months to get from somewhat boring beta to amazing and fun release.
for now though, I just have to work and work and work until I have a finished game.
I am working on the design for the logo of “the chain broke” and along with that an overall view of the UI and graphic design of the project.
As the game is somewhat minimalistic in its look, I wanted to create something that spoke to the simplicity of the game. This is the reason that I kept to the simple image of the chain and a sans serif.
All the same, I ended up with a couple of designs and now it’s up to me to figure out which of these makes sense for my project