the move

134

So, the original plan for “the magnet” was to create a game that was made with the open source engine renpy (https://www.renpy.org/) which is a great tool for making interactive narrations.

However, as I realised much too late, Renpy does not have a web build feature and as someone who distributes their games mostly through sites like newgrounds.com , this was a bit of a blow.

So, I have, over christmas been working on making a version of the game that will have the same story structure opportunity as it would have had in Renpy, but with the added benefit of some 3D exploration, by way of the unity engine.

The image above is an example of a casualty of this move, as I have had to scrap the first design i made for “Teddie”.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s