Clawing my way towards beta

Screenshot 2017-07-31 21.11.11

I had no idea how long I would be working on the chain broke when I started working on it. Initially, it was supposed to be a small 3 month project, that was going to bring me out of the funk I was in at the time.

These 8 months into the project, and I realise how naive I was to think that the project was going to be anything but a Herculean undertaking.

This is why every milestone has to be celebrated, no matter how minute.

Today, for instance, I finally finished decorating the final scene I created in January.

OK, that needs some explanation.

I created 26 levels in January on my way to a very early alpha of the game. These levels were simply meant to be guidelines that I would follow when designing the rest of the game.

I had no idea that I would be working for 7 months on those 26 levels (which became 30 over time). So now, that I have finally finished the 26th level I can look at the last couple (as in literally 2) levels completely without any old guidelines to follow.

This is both kinda fun and kinda scary.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s